Saturday, August 29, 2009


No stamp picture today I have been busy making a table cloth and wanted to share. My mom asked me to make this for the cake table for Jenny's upcoming wedding. I really like the way that it turned out. It is a layer of tulle fabric batting and another layer of fabric. The flowers are sewn on by machine with monofilament thread. I had never worked on my machine with this type of thread before, and I can't say that I have any real interest in working with it in the near future. Haha actually it could've been worse but it wasn't great to sew with. It doesn't break though but got kind of messy at times. I hand finished the edges and used the same thread, I decided that it is very hard to thread a little needle with clear thread that did turn out to be the very worst part of it. It was a fun project though and I really like the way that it turned out. I think that a bed spread would be pretty although not practical and with the tulle it also wouldn't hold up very well. Wouldn't work around my house since every time there is a clean bed spread on our bed it is just an invitation for someone to spill or get sick on it. But then that it was makes life so unpredictable and exciting. After all the fun doesn't really start until someone throws up right? Thanks for looking.